Tuesday, December 10, 2013

MiiVerse finally on the 3DS!!



Yes fellow 3DS gamers, the day has finally arrived. MiiVerse is finally available for the Nintendo 3DS!!


MiiVerse was originally a feature that, for a time, was exclusively available only for the Nintendo WiiU. MiiVerse served as a social hub of sorts, which blends some elements of Facebook, Foursquare, Twitter, and some unique functionality that's exclusive to the WiiU like making little scribble art as a status message (as seen on my MiiVerse post above).

However, after today's 3DS System Update, 3DS (and 2DS) owners are treated to a new icon on their home screens; the MiiVerse icon!!


If you're new to MiiVerse (like I am) then this official guide from Nintendo can help: http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/nintendo-network-id

Some of the best parts of MiiVerse is the flow of conversation. It can be a mix of either typed messages, doodles/illustrations, in-game screenshots, or handwriting as shown below (screencap is from the web version of MiiVerse which you can access via the link: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/)


Not only that, it also has an option to share a particular post on MiiVerse on popular sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google + and Tumblr. :D


Overall, I'm very happy with my experience so far with MiiVerse on my 3DS. Will update this post with video footage of me using MiiVerse on my 3DS. :D

UPDATE:
As promised, here's my video walkthrough of MiiVerse on the Nintendo 3DS! Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment