Saturday, May 1, 2010

Iron Man 2 Review – part 1 -

movie header 

As a comicbook fan, I definitely love great comicbook-movie adaptations, and one of my favorite was Ironman. It delivered great doses of humor, great characters you can easily sympathize with, and high-adrenalin action that kept me on the edge of my seat. It simply blew me away. Obviously, I was definitely looking forward for more, and as the months went by, I anxiously awaited the sequel. And now its finally here…

1

As awesome as this poster looks, the question still remains; does this film lives up to its expectations? Read on to find out.

Now, I’ll be honest, it’s a little hard to review this film without spoiling some stuff here and there. So for benefit of those who haven’t watched the film yet, I’ll do my best in giving as much detail in this review without giving away too much of the plot away.

2Right off the bat, I’ll have to say that this movie is all about Tony Stark. Not that I mean that in a bad way, where Tony gets all the glory while the other supporting characters aren’t fully fleshed out. They aren’t. It’s just that this movie simply gives enough emphasis about the man behind the suit; how he affects people and the world around him. It’s a very personal journey that builds off the question posed by the first film…

“How will a superhero deal with society who knows his true identity?”

It’s the very core of the film, and one that tackles that issue head-on. It’s a very interesting insight, considering most people are kinda used to the cliché of superheroes hiding behind their unassuming/totally different alter-egos (Spider-Man & Batman comes to mind). In this film, Tony Stark EMBRACES the fact that world knows him AS Iron Man, and often times pays the price for that privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment